Are you looking for the best ad management plugins and tools for WordPress? Many WordPress site owners rely on advertisements to monetize their websites. In this article, we will share the best ad management plugins and solutions for WordPress to optimize your advertising revenue.
Why Use an Ad Management Plugin in WordPress?
Many websites and blogs rely heavily on advertisements to make money online with their content. By default, WordPress does not come with an easy mechanism to manage your ads.
Most WordPress themes don’t even have dedicated spots to display ads. This means you often have to edit theme files to insert ad code into your website.
A proper WordPress ad management plugin allows you to easily insert ads anywhere on your website. This helps you optimize ad placement and make most out of your advertising real estate.
That being said, let’s take a look at some of the top ad management WordPress plugins and how they can help you boost your earnings.
- AdSanity is a beginner friendly WordPress ad management plugin. It allows you to easily insert ads anywhere on your website using widgets and ad inserter button in the visual editor.
- It supports both hosted ads (banner ads managed and sold directly by you) as well as external ad networks like Google Adsense. It also comes with powerful features like ad scheduling, ad groups, insert single ad or ad group, monitor views/stats, and more.
- You can create as many ads as you want and easily add them with custom widgets, shortcodes, or using the button on the post editor. You can also insert ad blocks in specific posts in WordPress. This allows you optimize ad performance without editing your WordPress theme files.
- To learn more, see our article on how to manage ads in WordPress with AdSanity.
- ۲٫ AdRotate
- AdRotate is another powerful WordPress ad management plugin suitable for beginners as well as advanced users. It supports both hosted ads with rotating banner ads and network ads.
- It allows you to easily create ads and ad groups and insert them into your WordPress posts using shortcodes. You can also insert ads into sidebars using custom widgets. It offers basic stats to monitor ad impressions, which is particularly helpful if you are directly selling advertisements on your website.
- It is available as a free plugin, which works fine for most small blogs and websites. You will need their pro version if you want to use advanced features like scheduling, geo targeting, Adblock disguise, mobile adverts, media/asset management, and more.
- For details, see our article on managing ads in WordPress with AdRotate.
- ۳٫ OIO Publisher
- OIO Publisher is an ad manager tool available as a plugin for WordPress powered websites. It is particularly great for growing websites that want to directly sell ad spots to advertisers. OIO Publisher will eliminate the middleman by directly selling ads through your website.
- It handles reporting, payments, and tracking. You can create ad zones of different sizes and types on your website. You can choose how many ads to display in each zone, select a price, rotation factor, targeting, and more.
- As a plugin, OIO Publisher is pretty straight-forward to use. It comes with a custom widget to display ads in widget ready areas of your website. However, for some placements you may need to edit WordPress theme files to place the ad zone code.
- For more details, take a look at our article on how to manage WordPress ads with OIO Publisher.
- ۴٫ Insert Post Ads
- Do you need a plugin that will help you automatically insert ads into your posts? Check out Insert Post Ads. It allows you to automatically display ads in your post content.
- You can create different ads of any size and then choose after which paragraph you want to display the ad. You can also display multiple ads in the same article after different number of paragraphs.
- It is really simple to use. You just need to create an ad with the ad code and then ad the paragraph number. You can add third-party ad code as well as custom HTML for your own hosted ads.
- For detailed instructions, see our guide on how to insert ads within your post content in WordPress
- ۵٫ DoubleClick by Google
- DoubleClick by Google is a web based ad selling and serving platform for publishers. Powered by Google, DoubleClick gets an edge over other platforms in terms of reliability and cost effectiveness.
- It also allows you to sell your ads and run competition for the same ad spots on Adsense or other third party advertisement networks. DoubleClick will automatically choose the best paying ad for the spot and serve it.
- DoubleClick also includes great reporting tools that allow you to measure ad performance more accurately than other solutions. Despite its effectiveness, it’s a bit complicated to get started with.
- ۶٫ Ad Inserter
- Ad Inserter is a WordPress ad management plugin available in free and paid versions. The free version is good enough to be used as your primary ad management tool but for advanced features you would want to upgrade to their paid version.
- It allows you to create multiple ad blocks and choose how you want to auto-insert each block. There are a number of options to insert your ad. You can add it inside post content, before and after post content, between posts, before or after post excerpt, and more.
- You can also individually disable automatic ad insertion in posts and pages, home, categories, and archive pages. It is fairly easy to use and can be used for both hosted and third-party ad networks.
- ۷٫ Quick Adsense
- Quick Adsense is a popular free WordPress ad management plugin. Despite its name, the plugin can be used to display any kind of ads including hosted ads, third-party ad networks including Google Adsense.
- It comes with an easy to setup settings page where you can manage your ad codes and select how and where you want to display them. The plugin can automatically display ads before or after articles, inside post content, after the excerpt, and more.
- It has custom ad widgets to display ads in sidebars and other widget ready areas.
- It does not have many advanced features part of some other plugins on this list. Another limitation is that you can only save up to 10 ad codes at a time.
- We hope this article helped you find the best ad management plugins and solutions for WordPress. You may also want to see our list of the best affiliate marketing tools and plugins for WordPress.
- If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.